Sunday, September 16, 2007

Fan Mail!!!

And I thought no one was ever going to read this stuff...

Well, I guess I should be checking the email address that I attached to this blog more often. Because when I checked it on a whim today, I found that a little less than a month ago, I was sent my very first piece of fan mail! What a wonder is this thing called the internet.

Well, it's not really fan mail in the traditional sense - more like a piece of hate mail. But hey, beggars can't be choosers. And so, for your reading pleasure (this assuming a second person stumbles upon this blog), the email:

------------------
From: Juliet Schaefer-Jeske
To: cardamond@aol.com
Subject: Princess Sunshine's BITTER Pill of Truth Funhouse
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 7:16 pm

So are you a member of the press? Did we give you a press pass? I don't think so. I guess you can blog all you want to as my show says, blog, blog, blog.

I think it is HYSTERICAL that you called my show BITTER when the word BITTER is in the title of the show. And yes, it is not an Avenue Q style show, why would I write something that is already out there? I am a children's performer for a living, and well that was my source of the BITTERNESS! I am also 34 years old, the humor is a little better suited to an older crowd, you might be older than me I don't know. But I am completely surprised by the people with grey hair laughing their asses off at my show. Who knew?

Seriously your quote is funny. My Bitter show is too Bitter!

We have gotten 5 amazing reviews from actual members of the press. And we have sold out every single night except for my opening! I don't even know that many people in New York, so its not my friends trust me.

offoffonline.com
nytheatre.com
lively-arts.com
edgenewyork.com
A thing called Clownlink.com
We even got a mention as a MUST see on the local NPR station

Backstage didn't really like it, but he mis-quoted my show on top of it. So if I were you instead of investing all of this time and energy into a blog, go out and produce a show! Find out how NOT easy it is. So I am terribly sorry if you don't get my humor, but plenty of other people are getting my humor, and we even have an offer to extend, although I don't know how we will deal with union. I don't want to do any scab work, so it may not happen.

As for the theatre being hot, yes it is, but there is nothing we can do about it. They added an air conditioner but if you think its hot in the audience try wearing a wig cap, wig, and hat with a wool costume, when I do Katrina Kremlin I nearly faint.

If you live in a glass house, don't throw stones. I do encourage everyone to put their own work out there, trust me it is NOT EASY!

Juliet Jeske
Princess Sunshine's BITTER Pill of Truth Funhouse!
------------------